Sr. Software Engineer
FINEOS is a global market leader in core insurance technology for Disability, Life, Accident, and Health.
We help our customers care for the people they serve through the delivery of superior insurance technology. Our Mission is to be the 'global market leader in core systems for group and individual, life, accident & health on a single software platform'.
FINEOS people are customer-centric, team players, and high achievers. Our environment is built on trust and collaboration, where we challenge positively, innovate and collaborate to deliver great results.
As a Software Engineer III (Senior), you will join our highly skilled Engineering team, working on our FINEOS New Business and Underwriting solution. As a part of the team, you will develop new product features, influence architectural decisions, innovate and propose improvements while also mentoring more junior software developers.
All our Software Engineers work closely and collaborate with other developers, testers, and other cross-functional team members, adhering to our standards and processes. We follow the principles of Agile Scrum methodology, and the role would be assigned to one of several Scrum teams supporting the FINEOS New Business and Underwriting solution.
The role provides you the opportunity to further develop your Software development skills while developing technical architecture and leadership skills through working as a part of a team committed to delivering quality software for our customers around the globe. As a successful candidate, you will be given significant training on the latest software industry practices. You will get exposure to and experience working with cloud technologies, especially AWS. As part of an expanding company and Agile development organization, there will be significant opportunities to further your career.
- Experience working within an Agile environment is highly desirable.
- IT background in the insurance sector would be an advantage
- Multi-platform skills (Linux/Unix/Windows) would be an advantage
- Experience/exposure to AWS or other Cloud technologies desirable
- Ability to take on a senior design and development role in ongoing product development of new features and maintenance of FINEOS solutions.
- Work with minimal supervision, relied upon for critical tasks, and accept leadership roles when called upon to do so.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle; technical analysis and design, development, and unit test phases.
- Mentor of less experienced staff where appropriate e.g. development best practices, peer review of designs, code, and tests.
- Ability to identify, deliver and drive improvements and innovations within the development area.
- Compile and review estimates around all technical aspects of a solution
- Ensure all aspects of good design and construction are delivered, including:
- Performance, scalability, and security
- Modularity, interoperability, and upgradability
- Working on both back-end programming and front-end web-based user interfaces.
- Promote and live the FINEOS values and increase positive relations with the team, customers, prospects, and partners.
- Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5+ years post qualification experience in a software engineering role with exposure to the full SDLC, preferably on enterprise-scale systems
- Strong development skills and competencies including:
- UX: AngularJS, Angular, React
- Databases: Postgres
- Development & CI/CD: Git, NPM, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins
- Experience with SQL, and data model design, with exposure to working on different relational databases such as Postgres
- Proven excellent technical problem-solving capabilities
- Experience with software engineering practices such as Object-Oriented programming and application of design patterns.
- Committed to creating readable, reliable, and maintainable code and coming up to speed quickly on new technologies
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Fluency in verbal and written English essential