Data Analytics Engineer
At Lunavi, we believe in illuminating the path forward and helping our customers navigate what’s next. We are innovators who are combining the power of human ingenuity and technology to deliver unrivaled customer experience. We’re a trusted partner for companies looking to digitally transform their business, modernize business applications, solve traditional IT challenges, and extract ROI from technology. Our high performing teams, deep expertise, and proven processes help to propel businesses forward.
Our core values:
Be Great. Aspire to know more, do more, and realize your fullest potential. Keep reaching above and beyond to excel and exceed every expectation.
Reimagine Everything. Continuously create value by pursuing what's next, what's possible. Deliver a new level of awesome through relentless curiosity.
Ignite Passion. Share the very best of who you are in everything you do. Create a positive and uplifting environment that inspires others.
Own It. Know that your contributions make a direct impact. Be the difference that leads to more successful experiences and outcomes.
Lunavi is looking for a Data Analytics Engineer with a strong background and experience designing, building, and leading business intelligence, modern data warehouse, or modern data platform solution development efforts using Microsoft Azure, Azure Data Platform, and Power Platform technologies. This role would also be responsible for leading Agile Delivery teams and working with all cross functional roles to help deliver "smart applications" leveraging data and analytics to our customers.
This role includes a mix of project delivery and pre-sales activities including discovery, scoping, and estimating; leading engagements, working with a team of Data Engineers to ensure consistent delivery capability and consulting growth as well as and supporting brand leadership efforts with webinars, blogging, and workshops.
- Lead discussions with client leadership explaining architecture options and recommendations
- Designing and delivering Azure Data Analytics solutions
- Work with developers to build "Smart Applications" that incorporate data analytics to drive decision making within the application
- Requirements Analysis and Solution Architecture Design.
- Data modelling and data architecture design.
- ETL, data integration and data migration design.
- Master data management system and process design and implementation
- Advise clients on database management, integration and BI tools
- Mentor team members in design/development of data analytics implementations
- Perform architectural assessments of the client's Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and data analytics systems
- Work with the sales and delivery teams to create and deliver client proposals and demonstrations
- Present to client, industry and internal peer groups
- Work within agile delivery methodology in a leading role as part of a broader Delivery Team.
- Work with stakeholders/ end users in the software development lifecycle – PMs, BAs, testing etc.
- 5+ years full-time professional experience in a project-based, consultative role for data platform, data warehouse, and business intelligence solution development
- Extensive background building and delivering business intelligence, data warehouse, or data analytics solutions using Microsoft technologies such as Azure Data Lake, Data Factory, Databricks, SQL Data Warehouse (now Synapse Analytics), Azure SQL DB, and Power BI
- Ability to lead envisioning and discovery efforts, providing detailed estimates of deliverables, timeline, and hours
- Experience managing client expectations, leading data/analytics solution delivery teams
- Passion for data and analytics, translating data-driven insights into decisions and actions
- Self-starter, self-managed, quick learner, problem-solver with a positive, collaborative, and team-based attitude
- Willingness to coach and mentor others to build their capacity and skills for data/analytics as well as acquire industry expertise
- Excellent communication skills, with interests in presenting and/or blogging; ability to engage with senior business leaders
- Degree in information technology, computer science, business, engineering or equivalent work experience
- Ability to work remotely, at a home-office, with limited travel to client locations - as travel restrictions ease and it's safe to travel again