We are passionate about agile and how it can change the support of an organization through digital transformation. At Toastmasters International, we help our members to a better life. Our story started nearly a hundred years ago when Ralph Smedley our founder started Toastmasters at the basement of YMCA. His idea was to guide a few young men to a better life through effective communication. Today we are in 145 countries with more than 370,000 members worldwide who are seeking a better life for themselves and others. There is nothing more fulfilling to know that your work has significance in people's lives worldwide. We make this possible with a team of 150 inspired and sincere staff at the World Headquarters located in the Denver Technology Center.
You are an ideal candidate if you are creative, passionate, and dedicated full stack application developer. You will take an active role in in supporting our enterprise resource planning systems (Microsoft Dynamics 365) and delivering web applications and technologies in an agile development team. Responsibilities include design, implementation, updating, testing, and documenting a wide range of software solutions.
- Collaborate with Product Owners, UX, other developers and business units, to design, develop, test, and deliver applications that support our members, clubs and back office.
- Communicate technical ideas and concepts to stakeholders, colleagues and management.
- Support project planning by providing technical details on tasks, including estimates and resource requirements.
- Participate in continuous improvement processes and quality improvement activities for the development organization.
- Maintain source control and change management processes.
- Prepare technical and user documentation. Must be able to translate technical information for non-technical audiences.
- Develops automation techniques to enable end-user content publishing; programs, tests and implements mapped graphic images, forms and HTML pages.
- Help to research, evaluate and recommends new tools and applications for use in assigned responsibilities.
- Perform root-cause analysis to identify and fix program bugs and issues.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Experience with best practices for implementations using Agile framework like Scrum or Kanban.
- Experience creating Web Sites, Web Services, WCF Services, and APIs
- Experience with unit testing, integration testing, and automated testing tools
- Experience with Git and/or TFS/VSTS/Azure DevOps is a plus
- Experience with Sitecore is a plus.
- Experience with OData is a plus.
- Knowledge of design patterns is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience
- Five years of application development with C# and ASP.NET MVC
- Three years of experience developing with Microsoft SQL Server, LINQ and Entity Framework
This position pays $80,000/year. This position is exempt.
This role will be working full-time in our office located at 9127 S. Jamaica St. Englewood, CO 80112. You will be working from home while the office is closed due to COVID-19. Permanent work authorization required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which offers: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, 401(k) and Pension Plan, along with 10 days paid Vacation, 9 paid sick days, and 11 paid Holidays.
A close-knit culture and steady work/life balance are tantamount to success at Toastmasters International. The educational nonprofit strives to cultivate an upbeat, prolific workforce through valued perks, such as complimentary coffee and tea bar, free access to bikes in the business park, employee-focused events/lunches and prize-winning contests. The company-wide camaraderie can be felt in the sleek breakrooms and wide-open workspace that faces large windows and lets in a lot of light and positive energy in a LEED-certified building. Holidays are a big deal here: in addition to 11 paid holidays per year, the company encourages monthly potlucks, costumes on Halloween, department decorations and making merry at year’s end. Smart casual is the dress code, which means you can wear jeans with a nice shirt and shoes. Toastmasters employees are welcome to become Toastmasters members with free membership and an on-site company club. Wellness is a big focal point with health, dental and vision benefits; the company was awarded for being one of the Healthiest Companies in America by Interactive Health 2015-2019. Come on board with 10 paid vacation days, 9 paid sick days, life insurance, disability, retirement options and more. Find out how Toastmasters incites a sense of community and why co-workers say they feel like family.
Check out our Built In Colorado profile at: www.builtincolorado.com/company/toastmasters-international.
To apply copy and paste this url or go to www.toastmasters.org and click on the Careers link at the bottom of the page: https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=TOASTMASTERS&cws=38&rid=420
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.