About Our Job
Employment Requirement: City Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by September 30, 2021. All persons offered a position will be required to provide valid proof of vaccination prior to starting employment.
NOTE: This is a hybrid work environment with mainly remote work options and some in-person work options.
About Technology Services
The Technology Services Department (TS) of the City and County of Denver is using state-of-the-art technologies and methodologies to deliver and improve the systems, applications and operations that we deliver to our customers. Technology Services supports the people, agencies and ideas that make the City and County of Denver a world class city. The City offers a unique opportunity to work with a diverse business and technology environment on a large scale as we employ more than 13,000 people, of which 9,000+ are daily technology consumers in support of a diverse population in excess of 700,000 citizens.
About Application Development
The Application Development team provides software solutions that increase efficiency, automate processes, improve customer service, and achieve city objectives. Applications partners with city agencies/departments to assess technology needs, identify solutions, ensure regulatory compliance, and validate that expectations are met. From citywide platforms to business specific tools, this division handles the procurement, development, implementation, integration, quality assurance/testing, maintenance, and support for more than 300 applications, including their underlying systems and databases.
Diversity in the City
The City and County of Denver is committed to cultivating a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion. This commitment is woven into our values and belief that we are strongest when we embrace and celebrate our differences. We aim to have employees who are as diverse as our residents, with different perspectives and unique ways of thinking. If you share these values and our enthusiasm for equity, we encourage you to apply to join our team.
Additionally, as an Accela Developer, you will:
- Perform a variety of functions in the development lifecycle including: systems analysis, programming, configuration, testing, change management, maintenance and user communication tasks to deliver new mission critical solutions to various City agencies
- Solution and create new records for Accela Automation and Accela Citizen Access
- Create reports for agency users
- Troubleshoot configurations and customizations
- Solve Accela outages, maintenance issues, and critical incidents
- Work collaboratively with a cross functional agile team
We are looking for someone with some or all the following skills and experience:
- Experience with Accela programming (JavasScript, RESTful API, XML, JSON)
- Accela configuration skills
- Accela solution design and implementation
- Report development
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills to effectively communicate with users both verbally and in written communications
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Self-starter who can manage multiple tasks and effectively set priorities while responding to changing priorities
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education requirement: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, Mathematics or a related field
- Experience Requirement: Three (3) years of professional experience in full life cycle development of business applications
- Education/Experience Equivalency: One (1) year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post high school education
- Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements